GTC Junior Membership is open to all 8 to 17-year-old children:
- The training for the juniors usually involves 1 swimming session a week. This occurs either in the pool, under the guidance of a trained instructor or (weather pending) in the beautiful Salthill Bay that is right on our doorstep.
- Track running and turbo sessions (via zoom) are also on offer, with bike skills, bike rides and brick sessions during the summer months
- All levels are catered for. The minimum age for joining is 8 yrs.
- Parents’ participation is essential for all our members… It’s NOT a drop-off service
- A working bike is essential as are runners, a helmet & rainproofs
- We have GTC gear which is available to purchase for the juniors – Visit our gear store HERE
- We also train the juniors in all the disciplines of Triathlons, including the all-important Transitions
where we hold numerous drills to help the kids to minimize their time spent in transitions
- Above all, we want the children to be happy, healthy and fit for life, to instil in them a love of sport,
exercise and healthy competition
HOW TO JOIN TRIATHLON IRELAND AND GALWAY TRIATHLON CLUB
To take out a new membership, head to the Triathlon Ireland website, then select “Become a member” and then choose Galway Triathlon Club when listing your club membership. In addition to the fees Triathlon charges below, the Galway fee for 2023 will be €50 for juniors.
For Insurance reasons, all members of Galway Triathlon Club must be members of Triathlon Ireland. Please read about the third-party insurance cover provided by Triathlon Ireland for Galway Training Sessions.
If the Parent/Guardian is already a member of Triathlon Ireland, they can add a juvenile member to their existing account. This can be completed by using your existing account on Triathlon and adding Juniors
- Kids Membership (0-14 years) (€12 Triathlon Ireland membership)
- Youth Membership (15-17 years) (€15 Triathlon Ireland membership)
- Junior Membership (16-19 years) (€25 Triathlon Ireland membership)